Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Last Day with My Awesome Class
I have been teaching the 12-13-yr. old Sunday School class for the last 2 1/2 years. My first class I got lucky enough to teach for 2 years and have had this group of kids for the last 8 months. Teaching Sunday School has been one of my favorite callings and I grown to really love these kids. Every week they blow me away with their gospel knowledge and they always crack me up! Well Saturday after our garage sale Mitch said he had bad news!? A member of the Bishopric called and we had an interview right before church. Well we both knew it was for me and I was 99.9% sure it was Young Womens. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream I was called to be YW President, I even told the current YW president because she has been in a long time (in fact she replaced me). We both laughed and I forgot about it. After Mitch and I talked it over I knew I wasn't being called as President or my interview would have been with the Bishop. After meeting with the Bishopric counselor my revelation was correct and I am now the Mia Maid Advisor and I am really excited!! Of all the YW age groups Mia Maids is the most challenging because the girls aren't brand new and super excited and they aren't the Laurels, the wise elders. Mia Maid age is a time when girls can easily lose there way and I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father has faith in me to entrust these sweet girls to me! Our new YW President was actually the Girls Camp Director from this year and I love her to death. A couple of the other sisters are new to the ward I just know them by sight and am super excited to get to know them and without doubt fall in love with them. I love that our Church is so service oriented and we are able to help one another along the way on our journey here on earth. As is the case in callings, I am sure I will learn way more from the girls than I could possibly teach them!!
I am truly blessed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment